Friday, March 18, 2011

A Strange Haunting.

When I was in college and because I was an artist, I wanted to be very edgy.  I learned about other religions and tried some out, did transendental meditation, yoga, ouji boards.  I firmly believed back then in re-incarnation and actually did a couple of past life regressions. I'm not too sure what I believe in anymore. I kinda don't want to come back as anything or anyone else when I die. However.......
In February our 16 year old cat, Buster died.  I had him laying on the couch next to me and I was gently patting him.  It was his time. I wasn't particularly emotional about his passing and the next day I wrapped him in a clean towel, put him in a box and buried him outside my daughter, Roxanne's window.  He was her cat.  That night we had a big storm.  The wind was howling and rain was pelting my window.  Then I heard a cat meowing. It wasn't loud, just a soft meow.  The dog heard it, too and jumped up looking out the window.  We both kind of held our breaths and listened.  "Oh my god!" I thought, " I buried the cat alive!"  The dog and I waited, listening, but finally fell back to sleep.  In the morning common sense kicked in and I knew that the cat was not still alive but we did wonder if he was haunting us just a bit.
Now I have a little brown bird that wants to come into the house.  He started pecking at the kitchen door so much so that I hung a cloth over the window so he couldn't see himself.  I thought that he, like Narcissus, had fallen in love with his own reflection. But the bird found other windows to peck at and fly into.  He hangs on the ledges knocking on the glass and trying to get in.  So now I'm starting to think that my little Narcissus is the re-incarnation of Buster the cat.  That's just ridiculous, I know. On the other hand, it is spring and perhaps Narcissus is in love with our dog.  Nature is a strange and mysterious thing.

1 comment:

  1. Creepy, maybe it is buster and it's pay back for all the birds he caught and left us. That or that bird had always wanted to do that but was afraid because of buster haha.

    ReplyDelete