Friday, May 27, 2011

CEDAR PLUG

Leap Year.  Such a difficult time to remember one's birthday.  Is it Feb. 28th or Mar 1st?  Well, I never know so I just forget about it until I remember that I forgot about it and then I panic. Panic might not be the best word, I get "anxious" to send a card and a present.  This year, I waited a couple of months to send the present, but I had a good excuse.  I wanted to do a watercolor portrait of Chris' dog, Cedar. The dog died a couple of years ago and Chris was heartbroken.  It's difficult to lose someone you love, the pain lingers.  I had a photograph of Cedar snuggled up to one of his toys, a large pink polka dot fish.  I loved the colors of the fish and the dog and the towel Cedar was laying on.  Chris lives in Florida and the colors are very much Florida.  I waited to post this until I knew that Chris had received the painting.  He has, so.....This is Cedar. Don't you love his big brown eyes?  Happy belated Birthday, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment