Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a very wonderful Mother's Day.  I woke early.  The sun shone, briefly.  My youngest son got up and fixed us breakfast. What miracles!  I talked to all my kids on the phone, spent the day painting with my brother, (more on that later), and produced this little painting I call "Room for One".  Beau came by to plant some raspberries and play with the dog. My son, Jordan, cooked dinner for me, my daughter, grandson, sister and brother. We watched a funny movie and now it's time for bed. It was a beautiful day.

We found this little bird's nest outside one day.  Jordan brought it in, I believe.  The kids all know how much I love to paint nests.  I appreciate the intricacies of them and the many colors and threads of grasses and leaves and moss.  This one even has some insulation stolen from a house, I guess.  I had a dyed egg left over from Easter and plopped it into the nest just to give it some shape and definition.  I liked how it looked even if it was a bit (a lot) too big.  I imagined a small bird laying this large egg and giggled, then I thought of a large bird using a teeny tiny nest to lay her egg and that made me laugh, too. 

And so I wish all the mother's out there, no matter how large or small, no matter what your abode, no matter the number or age of your children,  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! from one mother to another. God bless our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment