Sunday, May 1, 2011

Nanny

May 1st and perhaps spring has come to the northwest!  I woke to a beautiful sunny morning.  The birds are chirping and my grass is growing. I notice, however, that my windows are dirty, the deck needs to be cleaned and the lawn mowed. Should I wish once again for the rain and gloom of winter? Not a chance!  I will gladly take on all of the outside chores just for the opportunity to stand in the sun.

The fruit trees have taken on a grace and splendor that only comes during this season. The pinks and whites and new greens are so lovely and the smell so fragrant. Nature is amazing how it entices the bees and birds to pollenate the flowers. As the blossoms reach maturity and the wind blows, they drop their petals and it looks like it has snowed.  A beautiful pink snow. It coats our cars and the streets.




One beautiful spring I painted this little elf I named Nanny.  We had a lovely apple tree in our backyard, full of the promise of sweet fruit. I imagined a little lady elf taking care of the eggs and young birds while the parents were searching for food or just out flying around and having fun.  Parents need a break, too.  She sits so calmly in the nest knitting and warming the eggs.  The flowers embrace her. She is nurtured and nurturing.  This picture speaks to me of promise.




This pictures is the script page. It is about a month later. The blossoms are gone, the eggs are hatched and the daddy bird is overseeing the babies. I think that mommy is out searching for worms.  All is good in my little apple tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment